Supervisor: Cargo Operations Manager
Functional Relationship: Duty Operations Supervisor
Summary of Responsibilities: The primary duties of the Towhead Operator are to safely operate and maneuver towhead truck and chassis around the container yard and pier, safely transporting containers (20’, 40’ 45’) and flat racks with out-of-gauge (OOG) cargo.
He/she is responsible for to safely drive within the facility and abide by PBL speed limits and safety measures put in place. In house training will be provided.
- Check, fuel and service Towheads before commencement of vessel
- Prompt reporting of all faults to the Cargo Operations Manager in order for him to put in a work order to the Mechanical Manager for repairs.
- Daily equipment inspection per Checklist, servicing and all preventative maintenance of the equipment as assigned
- Maintain and update the Container Stacker Logbook with all required relevant information including engine hours / mileage, repairs and maintenance.
- Position and fuel equipment (both stacker and towheads) at allocated time as coordinated with Technical Dept.
- Operate towheads to facilitate loading and unloading of container/bulk vessels from Pierhead to yard and vice versa.
- Assist with stripping of containers at the warehouse as required
- Report all accidents and damage incidents immediately to the Operations Supervisor on Duty. Take pictures of the accident scene in order to assist with the investigation.
- Actively multi-skill in order to have ability to operate other PBL equipment including vehicles, towheads, forklifts and ultimately stackers.
- Wearing proper PPE at all times, and report any safety non-compliance issues to the Operations Foreman.
- At the end of operations ensure the towheads are parked in its designated area as assigned.
- Any other duties of a related nature assigned from time to time.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working as a heavy equipment Operator
- Experience operating container handling equipment such as forklift, container stackers and/or Crane Operator certification would be an asset
- A valid class E (All) driver’s license